The market is located in the square Plaza de España. It is a magnificent Gothic style civil building at right angles with the city hall (16th century).
It was built in the 15th century following the 14th century Italian loggias. It shows three big pointed arches two of which have their intrados decorated with foliated arches. The arches are also decorated with fine mouldings on the small columns attached to the pillars. Some angels holding the coat-of-arms of the town and ornaments with vegetal motifs decorate the capitals. This work suffered important modifications and enlargements. The most important work involved the addition of an upper gallery which is similar to the gallery of the city hall. Guitart was the author of this work. The sundial was painted in 1844 and its inferior inscription alludes to the Independence War.